Energy Grant Launched
million has been allocated by the DTI to encourage the development
of renewable energy systems for householders and community
groups. The scheme called The Clear Skies Initiative, is managed
by the British Research Establishment (BRE), the UK’s
leading centre of expertise in building, construction, energy,
environment, fire and risk.
level of grants ranges between £500 and £5000
for householders depending on the size and type of system
and up to £100,000 for community groups.
technologies covered by the grants are
- Solar water heating collectors
- Automated wood pellet stoves
- Wood fuelled boilers
- Wind turbines
- Micro-hydro turbines
- Ground sources heat pumps
grant is available to homeowners and community organisations
in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Systems must be installed by an accredited installer. The
list of accredited installers will soon be available from
- The system installed must be new and the components approved
by the DTI.
- On and off-grid installations are acceptable. However the
system must supply a building.
- Applicants are encouraged to obtain at least two estimates.
- It is strongly recommended that grant applicants implement
energy efficiency measures before installing a renewable energy
- To request a form go to www.clear-skies.org/register.htm
to other articles in this category